Higher Education on the Move network
At its widest, the Higher Education on the Move network covers all actors and parties interested in Finnish higher education sport and its development. Whether you are a user, producer or developer of higher education sports, or a member of an interest group related to the field, you are an important part of the Higher Education on the Move network. Join and get your friends to join the Higher Education on the Move network!
Making the whole higher education community part of the Higher Education on the Move network
In 2020–2022, we want to further expand the Higher Education on the Move network to cover the entire higher education community. Our goal is to engage all actors in higher education institutions and interest groups who can help increase everyday physical activity in the higher education environment.
We would like to see these actors and parties, among others, get involved in the Higher Education on the Move network and its activities:
Higher education institutions:
- Sports service providers
- Active students in student unions and student associations
- Sports and well-being tutors
- Student services personnel
- Facility services personnel
- Administrative personnel
Higher education institutions’ interest groups:
- University of Applied Sciences Students in Finland – SAMOK
- National Union of University Students in Finland (SYL)
- Finnish Student Health Service / FSHS
- University Properties of Finland (SYK)
- Building Information Group (Rakennustieto Oy)
- Architects and Interior Designers
- Finnish National Agency for Education
- Ministry of Education and Culture
Is there someone important missing from the list? Report them to the network’s administrators. You can find our up-to-date contact details on the Contact information page.
The list is constantly updated.
Let the Higher Education on the Move network boost
your development work
The main goal of the Higher Education on the Move network is to increase cooperation between various parties and actors. We can achieve the best results by exchanging information, experiences and findings.
We believe that what works for one higher education institution is very likely to work for another institution as well. The same goes the other way around: what doesn’t work for one higher education environment is unlikely to work for others.
The traditional networking methods for developing higher education sports have included network meetings for higher education sports service providers and sector meetings for student unions’ and associations’ Board members responsible for sports, held in the spring and autumn.
Learn more about the Network of Academic Sports Services on the Network’s website. You can learn more about the sector meetings for student unions’ and associations’ Board members responsible for sports on the related page.
In addition to developing these traditional meetings, we are now working to complement our offering with other Higher Education on the Move network activities.
Below are some of the new activities and practices we have planned in support of the Higher Education on the Move network:
- Higher Education on the Move mailing list (more information coming soon).
- Higher Education on the Move Slack channel for instant peer-to-peer discussions. Join the Slack channel via this link.
- Higher Education on the Move helpline (more information coming soon).
- Higher Education on the Move implementation table (more information coming soon).
What do you think would be a good way to keep in touch with other members of the Higher Education on the Move network? We gladly welcome all ideas.
Page last updated 27.11.2020